Get stuck in this summer with these scrummy shortcakes, thanks to Pinnocks Coffee Shop, Ripley.
- 250g soft butter
- 125g semolina
- 125g caster sugar
- 250g Plain flour
Back to Blog
- Preheat oven to 170c (fan) or gas mark 5.
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until combined. Tip mixture onto a work surface and roll into a 3cm diameter sausage and chill for an hour until firm.
- Slice into 1cm rounds with a sharp knife and place rounds onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool and sandwich with clotted cream and strawberries dust with icing sugar to serve. Enjoy!