Scrummy Snowball Delights….
Make these delicious delights and impress your visitors this Christmas. Quick & easy to make, they are fabulous to have as petits fours at a dinner party, or gift pack them up in small cellophane bags and give them as homemade gifts!
- 200g White Chocolate
- 50g Butter
- 100g sweetened and tenderised coconut
- 100g Victoria Sponge cake or basic fairy cakes (bought or home-made)
- Icing Sugar
- Put 50g of the coconut onto a small plate and the other 50g into a medium bowl.
- Crumble the sponge cake into the bowl with the coconut and mix together.
- Break the White Chocolate into pieces and put in a microwave-safe bowl with the butter. Heat on High Power for about 1 min, until it is all melted when stirred.
- Carefully stir the butter and melted chocolate together until the butter is thoroughly mixed in and then pour into the cake and coconut mix.
- Stir the mixture together quickly while it is still warm.
- Take a lump from the mixture and roll gently into a ball a little bit bigger than a marble. Roll this ball in the coconut on the plate and then lay on the large plate. Repeat this until all the mixture has been used up and you should end up with about 16 balls!
- Leave the snowballs to set for about 15 minutes and then gently sieve some icing sugar over the top.
This easy to follow recipe that makes such yummy festive treats was supplied courtesy of Jan Edey from The Cookie Club.
The Cookie Club run great cupcake parties and after school cookery clubs for children. For further details, visit Facebook.
Back to Blog